Translate

Friday, March 31, 2017

That's All, Folks!

Thirty-one days has a way of flying by.  On day 8, or 14, or 22, it seems as though day 31 will never come.  However, it always does, and reaching this day is always bittersweet.  It's difficult to believe that 31 days ago, I began my third Slice of Life adventure (or has it been the fourth?).  I'm equal parts sad that it is ending and relieved that I made it through.

This was the easiest Slice experience so far, and I wonder if each will will be easier moving forward.  I had big plans to cook fresh for 31 days, but only did for a few of those.  I had even bigger plans to renovate a bathroom and post photos of the finished product, but I only reached about the halfway point.  

I'm proud to have accomplished the goal of participating in the Slice of Life Challenge 2017.  I didn't do it perfectly, but I did it.  I was a part of something bigger than myself.  I participated in an experience shared by people like me and others nothing like me at all.  I was a member of a writing community.  It felt good, safe, and wholesome.  

Although the Slice adventure ends, life goes on.  I will continue trying to add fresh ingredients into my cooking plans.  I'll eventually get around to finishing the bathroom renovation.  Hopefully, both of those are accomplished before next year's Slice adventure. But for now, that's all, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment