Translate

Saturday, March 25, 2017

A Break From the Renovation

For Christmas, my husband bought tickets for us to see one of my favorite bands at one of my favorite venues: Shovels and Rope at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa.  After cleaning up yesterday's mess, we hit the road and headed to Oklahoma.  It was a much needed break from the renovation.

We stayed at a great hotel, had dinner at a lovely local restaurant, and enjoyed an evening of dancing and singing.  Today, we explored a bit before returning to the mess at home.  As of this posting, the water is still off and the pipes are still not fixed.  I'm hopeful we will have a fix in time for me to wash my face and go to bed.  Tomorrow morning I'll get up early and work hard to make up for lost time.

The band playing on stage!  There isn't a bad spot in this venue.

Sophia with a set list.  A security guard saw her dancing and gave this to her.  Fun!

Sophia with one of the band's drumsticks!  A roadie saw her and gave it to her.  I've been to several concerts but have never been given a drum stick or a set list, and she got both!

The fam outside of Cain's Ballroom.  You need to go to a show here.  This was my fourth show here.

Sophia loves to pose with statues.  Aren't these tulips pretty?

Here Sophia is pretending to make a phone call on a pay phone.  Isn't it funny how today's kids find pay phones interesting?  Side note: I love the floors in this picture.  We were shopping at Utica Square in Tulsa.  It's such a pretty location!

No comments:

Post a Comment